A personal injury can put your life on pause. You might have a temporary or permanent disability, medical treatments, chronic pain, property damages, and lost time at work because of a serious accident in Phoenix, Arizona. A personal injury lawyer may be able to help you get your life back on track. Legal representation could enable you to go up against the defendant that caused your injury in pursuit of justice and compensation. One or more parties might be accountable for your accident and injury.
If you or a loved one has an injury, contact the experienced Phoenix personal injury lawyers at Begam Marks & Traulsen, P.A. to schedule a free legal consultation. Our injury attorneys can review your case for free at our conveniently located local law firm. We also take meetings over the phone or virtually if desired. You could be eligible for financial recovery to make up for the losses associated with your recent accident, whether you were in a car accident, a slip and fall, or another type of accident in Phoenix. Call (602) 254-6071 today to learn more about your case from our Phoenix personal injury attorneys. Our attorneys serve Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, the Greater Phoenix Area and throughout Arizona.
Why Choose Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
- We have been representing accident victims with serious injuries since 1957. Our personal injury lawyers have the experience you need for strong representation.
- We have collected millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients over the years. Our team can take your Phoenix personal injury case to trial, if necessary.
- We are a personal injury law firm clients trust with their most complicated claims. Our track record, reviews and testimonials speak for themselves.
- We are committed to our clients’ well-being, including how we charge fees. We handle all Phoenix personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis.
Personal Injury Resources:
- Do You Need a Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer?
- What are Arizona’s Personal Injury Laws?
- How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
- What Are Our Practice Areas?
- What Compensation Is Available in Arizona?
- Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Do You Need a Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer?
It is not easy to convince an insurance company to accept your case or treat you fairly as a claimant. Whether you need to file a claim with your own insurance company or that of an at-fault party after an accident in Phoenix, expect to encounter roadblocks such as tight deadlines, strict filing requirements, fine print in the policy, coverage limits and insurance bad faith tactics. Insurance bad faith can refer to issues such as the insurance company denying a claim without a valid reason, undervaluing your damages or unfairly delaying your payout.
Hiring an experienced Phoenix personal injury lawyer allows you to protect yourself against common methods insurance claims adjusters use to try to save carriers money. Your lawyer can take over correspondence with an insurance company on your behalf, meet all deadlines and fulfill all requirements to help ensure the validity of your claim while you focus on getting medical attention. Your lawyer can then enter into settlement negotiations with an adjuster for you, arguing for maximum results for your damages. You can rest assured your claim is in good hands when you hire an injury lawyer to defend your rights.
What are Arizona’s Personal Injury Laws?
The personal injury practice area comes with dozens of laws and statutes you will need to know to bring a successful case. When you hire a lawyer from Begam Marks & Traulsen, P.A. in Phoenix, he or she will guide you through the laws related to your individual case. You will be able to focus on healing while your lawyer takes care of the legal side of the personal injury claim on your behalf.
- Arizona Revised Statute (ARS) 12-542. For a claim involving a serious injury to a person, you will have two years to file with the civil courts, in most cases. The statute of limitations will start on the date of accident or injury discovery – whichever is later.
- ARS 12-821. You will have 180 days to file a formal claim and one year to file a personal injury lawsuit from the date of your accident if you are bringing a claim against a public or government entity in Arizona.
- ARS 12-2505. Arizona’s comparative negligence rule states that a injury victim’s contribution to the injury will not bar him or her from recovery. Instead, the courts will reduce the plaintiff’s award by a percentage equivalent to his or her fault.
- ARS 11-1025. Arizona law has a strict liability dog bite rule, meaning during a dog bite injury claim, the pet owner will be liable for damages regardless of any knowledge (or lack thereof) of the pet’s vicious propensities.
The Arizona statutes of limitations are some of the most important laws to know as a potential personal injury claimant. The courts are not flexible with the deadline to file a claim in most cases. If you miss your time limit, you will generally lose your right to seek compensation. Contact a lawyer at Begam Marks & Traulsen, P.A. in Phoenix as soon as possible to make sure you do not miss your statute of limitations. As your attorneys, we can explain all the laws related to your claim in more detail.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
Many accident victims in Arizona fail to acquire the legal assistance and representation they need due to concerns over the costs of a personal injury lawyer. At Begam Marks & Traulsen, P.A., we aim to put these fears to rest. We offer free no-obligation consultations and only get paid if you get paid. We can advance the costs of your claim so you can rest easy even as the costs of your case mount.
As our client, you will only pay our Phoenix personal injury lawyers if we recover financial compensation on your behalf. We will assess our fees as a pre-agreed upon percentage of your award won – nothing more, nothing less. If we do achieve results for your injury claim, we will bill the settlement or verdict won rather than charging you out of pocket. That way, we guarantee you can afford your personal injury attorney, regardless of your personal financial situation.
We know how financially devastating a serious accident and injury can be for a victim. We wish to relieve your financial burden, not make matters worse by charging hefty retainer fees or a high hourly rate. Our contingency fee payment arrangement means if we do not win financial compensation on your behalf, you will owe us nothing for the services we provided. You will know upfront what our legal fees will cost you if we win your case, with no hidden fees or assessments.
What Are Our Practice Areas?
As Phoenix personal injury lawyers with decades of legal experience, we have the ability to take a wide range of personal injury cases. After any type of accident that gives you an injury, such as an auto accident or a brain injury, or takes the life of a loved one, discuss the possibility of bringing a civil claim with our experienced and knowledgeable attorneys. In our more than 60 years of service in the Phoenix area, our legal team has helped clients protect their rights and obtain favorable results during many different types of personal injury claims.
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Burn injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Slip and falls
- Truck accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Wrongful death
This list does not include every type of case we accept. Our full list of practice areas is extensive and always growing. If you are curious whether you have a case, do not hesitate to call (602) 254-6071 to ask our injury lawyers about your situation directly. We will listen to your accident story, ask questions and let you know if we believe you have the elements of a personal injury claim. If so, we may offer our representation to help you and your family fight for fair compensation for your damages.
What Compensation Is Available in Arizona?
At Begam Marks & Traulsen, P.A., our Phoenix personal injury attorneys entered this practice to help people. Our law firm’s number one goal is always to serve the best interests of our clients, answering their questions and meeting their concerns with proactive and tailored solutions. We recognize how important a positive settlement or verdict can be for an injured accident victim. We work hard to achieve the best possible results for each client we represent.
The resolutions we obtain for clients are more than just financial, however; we also focus on how to meet their physical and emotional needs. Your recent accident and injury may entitle you to receive compensation for many different types of damages.
- Medical treatment bills and expenses. Past and future health care expenses, including live-in care, procedures, medications, specialists, x-rays disability-related costs, and any additional medical bills.
- Out-of-pocket costs. Any money you paid out of pocket, such as travel expenses, attorney’s fees, expert fees and court costs.
- Lost wages. An estimate of past, present and future lost earnings due to your accident and related injuries, including temporary or permanent disabilities.
- Pain and suffering. The nonphysical losses associated with your accident, such as emotional distress, mental anguish, lost enjoyment of life and loss of consortium.
- Property damages. An award to cover the costs of repairing your damaged motor vehicle, replacing a totaled vehicle or repairing other types of damaged property.
- Punitive damages. An exemplary award some judges in Phoenix may grant to punish a defendant for gross negligence, maliciousness or intentional wrongdoing.
The value of your claim is contingent upon many different factors. We have obtained results for clients that enter into the six- and seven-figure range, collecting more than $178 million total in the last 15 years alone. Factors that could affect the worth of your case include the extent of your injuries, whether you will have to live with a disability, your age, your health prior to the accident, your income and the actions of the defendant. Every case’s value is unique.
As your Phoenix personal injury lawyers, we will review your case for signs of your losses and damages. We can collect evidence supporting your economic and noneconomic damages to prove them to an insurance claims adjuster, or a judge or jury during an injury trial. Then, we will use aggressive and proven techniques to fight for maximum compensation for you and your family. Find out what your personal injury claim is worth during a free consultation with our attorneys today.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
During your free initial case overview in Phoenix, we will assess your claim using all the known facts and information, such as where your accident or medical malpractice incident occurred, how you believe it happened, who might be responsible and what injuries you sustained. We will search for the elements necessary to bring a personal injury claim on your behalf. Most claims based on negligence require the plaintiff’s side of the case to prove four main elements.
- The defendant had a duty to exercise reasonable care in preventing your injury.
- The defendant negligently or intentionally failed to fulfill his or her duty of care.
- A connection exists between the defendant’s breach of duty and your accident or injury.
- The breach of duty gave you compensable losses or damages.
It is possible, however, to have a claim in Arizona with a lesser burden of proof. While it will still be your lawyer’s responsibility to prove the defendant’s fault for your damages, you may not have to establish negligence if you have a strict liability claim. A product liability claim, for example, may not require you to prove negligence if your lawyer can show the item in question contained a defect and that this is why you have injuries. Our Phoenix personal injury attorneys can help you understand whether you have a case based on its unique facts during a free case evaluation.
Steps of a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Knowing what to expect from a personal injury lawsuit can help you feel more at ease during this turbulent and confusing time. Although each case is unique, the civil courts in Arizona deal with all personal injury claims in relatively the same manner. You and your lawyer will need to navigate certain steps before you can receive financial compensation for your injuries. A lawyer from Begam Marks & Traulsen, P.A. can stand with you every step of the way during your Phoenix personal injury case.
- Hiring a lawyer. Your first step should be consulting with an attorney to see if he or she can help you with your case. A lawyer will have special skills and resources to use to your advantage.
- Evidence gathering. You and your lawyer will collect evidence for your case, such as photographs, eyewitness statements, police reports and medical records.
- Demand letter submission. Your lawyer can help you write up and submit a demand letter to the insurance company seeking fair compensation for your losses.
- Insurance settlement negotiations. You and the insurance company will enter into negotiations for a reasonable settlement if it accepts your claim.
- Injury lawsuit filing. If it is not possible to settle your case upfront, your lawyer can help you file a lawsuit in Phoenix seeking compensation.
- Discovery phase. One of the earliest stages of an injury trial is discovery, in which both sides discover what information and evidence the other side has.
- Pretrial conferences. Your case may not go all the way to trial if the insurance company decides to settle with you during pretrial mediation or arbitration.
- Personal injury trial. Otherwise, your claim will go to trial in Phoenix. Both sides will state their cases and present evidence to a judge and jury.
- The jury will review the facts presented and give a verdict on whether or not you met the burden to prove the defendant was more likely than not responsible for your injuries.
- If the losing party does not agree with the jury’s verdict, it will have the chance to file an appeal.
You do not have to deal with the legal process alone as an injured plaintiff in Phoenix. You have the right to hire a lawyer to represent you during insurance negotiations or an injury lawsuit. Hiring a lawyer from the very beginning of your case can help you avoid errors and issues that can create roadblocks for your financial recovery. Our attorneys have dealt with the personal injury lawsuit process dozens of times. We settle most of the personal injury cases we accept. If your case does go to trial, we are prepared to fight for justice.
What to Do After an Injury Accident
It is important to take the right steps to protect yourself physically and legally after an accident in Phoenix.
First, call the police to report a serious accident. The police can help you sort out the details of the accident, as well as obtain evidence such as official photographs.
Second, seek medical treatment for any injuries. Go to a hospital right away, even if you are not currently experiencing symptoms. Your injury may have delayed or hidden symptoms. Prompt medical care can give you the treatment you need to recover, as well as show an insurance company you did what you could to mitigate damages.
Third, collect key documents and records related to your injury claim. Gather copies of police reports, accident reports, eyewitness statements, bills, pay stubs and medical documents.
Fourth, call the at-fault party’s insurance company to file a claim. Be careful what you say to the insurance adjuster. Do not admit fault or give a recorded statement. Before you continue with your insurance claim, contact an attorney from Begam Marks & Traulsen, P.A. for a free case evaluation. We can help you protect your rights from the very beginning.
Contact a Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer Today
You are not alone as the victim of a personal injury accident in Phoenix, Arizona. You are not the only person who has been in your position: seriously injured, overwhelmed and confused as to your legal rights after a devastating accident. Help is available. At Begam Marks & Traulsen, P.A., our injury lawyers take pride in helping the injured in our community. We offer tailored legal representation during injury settlement negotiations with insurance companies as well as personal injury trials and wrongful death trials in Maricopa County.
Start your civil case with a no obligation consultation at our local law office. We are located at 11201 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite #110 in Phoenix, AZ. Find out if you have grounds for a case by sending us a brief description of your accident and injury through our online consultation form, or by calling (602) 254-6071 to speak to an experienced Phoenix personal injury lawyer directly. We may be able to help you and your family achieve justice and maximum compensation for your injuries. Contact us today.
Client Review: “Stan Marks and all of the staff at Begam Marks and Traulsen were professional, efficient and so very caring during a very difficult time. They worked hard on my case and achieved an outcome that surpassed any expectations.” -Amber