Dangerous and defective products cause a broad range of accidents. From car crashes to explosions and injuries at home, at work, on the playground, or while traveling, dangerous products can have life-long effects. If this happens to you or a loved one in Arizona, then contact the Phoenix product liability lawyers at Begam Marks & Traulsen, P.A.
Our Phoenix injury attorneys can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Us?
- We can maximize the value of your Phoenix product liability case using proven legal strategies. Our attorneys have obtained record results for past clients.
- We have decades of experience in personal injury and product liability law. Our attorneys have been helping victims and families recover since 1957.
- We have Phoenix product liability lawyers who operate on a contingency fee basis. Unless we are successful in winning your case, you will not pay us a cent in legal fees.
Understanding Arizona Product Liability Law and Your Right to Compensation
Manufacturers and others in the chain of manufacture have a duty to ensure that their products are reasonably safe and fit for ordinary and intended use by consumers. The chain of manufacture starts with the design and construction of the components of the product and ends with the product retailer.
Products must be free of all dangerous design and manufacturing defects and contain adequate warnings of hazards and dangerous uses. If they do not meet this standard, the manufacturer may be held liable for any resulting accidents and injuries.
Arizona product liability cases typically involve the following:
- Design defects: Design defects occur when a product deviates from its original design and becomes more dangerous than expected. There may be a safer alternative design that is practical, economically feasible, and retains the primary purpose of the original design.
- Manufacturing defects: Manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are free from manufacturing defects such as poor materials, negligent inspection, negligent assembly, and worker error.
- Failure to warn: Products must have proper labels and instruction, and display clear and complete warnings about any reasonably foreseeable hazards. Warnings must disclose all known risks associated with the product, even if the product is generally safe. Thus even if the product itself operates properly from a mechanical perspective, the product may be defective if adequate warnings are not provided.
If your case centers on a product with one of these defects, you most likely have grounds for a strict product liability lawsuit. This type of lawsuit does not require you to prove the manufacturing company’s negligence to receive financial compensation. Instead, all you will need to prove is that the item contained one of these defects and caused your injuries.
Types of Defective Products
Nearly all products have the possibility of being defective. Those that are often the subject of litigation include:
- Motor vehicles, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, golf carts, and ATVs
- Auto parts, including defective seat belts, air bags, fuel systems, brakes, automatic transmission, and tires
- Watercraft and boating equipment
- Aircraft and aviation equipment
- Trains and railroad equipment
- Sports and recreational equipment
- Toys and playground equipment
- Medical devices
- Prescription drugs
- Construction equipment
- Power tools
- Household products
- Food products
- Consumer products
Our attorneys have experience handling product liability claims in Phoenix involving many different types of products and equipment. We have the resources, knowledge and capabilities to bring any defendant to justice.
What Are Injuries You Might Suffer in a Product Liability Case?
A defect can make an everyday product unreasonably dangerous for use. A teapot that cracks when it gets too hot, for example, could cause third-degree burn injuries. A children’s toy with an electrical malfunction could lead to an electric shock. The wide range of injuries that could arise due to a defective product is why it is so important for manufacturing companies and distributors to be careful in reviewing, inspecting and safety-testing their products. An item that leaves the assembly line with a defect could give many serious injuries to a consumer.
- Broken bones
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Skull fractures
- Concussions and other brain injuries
- Back and spine injuries
- Internal injuries
- Exposure to toxic substances
- Explosion, blast and burn injuries
- Traumatic amputations
A defective product could cause a car accident, fall, fire, explosion and many other accidents that often cause severe personal injuries. Some product liability cases in Arizona involve catastrophic and permanently disabling personal injuries. At Begam Marks & Traulsen, P.A., we have experience with all types of injury cases. We also accept wrongful death claims in Phoenix if a defective product took the life of your loved one. Contact us after any injury connected to a defective or dangerous product to find out how we can help you.
If You Were Injured by a Product, How Can You Get Compensation?
If a product injures you in Phoenix, the first thing you should do is request an ambulance or go to the nearest hospital for medical care. Seeking medical care right away can give you a stronger claim to damages during negotiations with an insurance company. If you delay medical care, on the other hand, an insurance company could use this as evidence that your injuries were not very serious or were not connected to the defective product. Keep copies of your medical records and x-rays for your insurance claim.
Return to the location of the incident to take photos of the defective product and any property damages it caused. Keep the defective item and all the packaging that it came with. Find the manufacturing company’s name and contact information by looking at the packaging or going online. File a formal complaint and injury report with the company. The manufacturer will connect you to its insurance provider to continue with your injury claim. At this point, it is generally in your best interest to hire a product liability attorney to help you with the claims process.
Our attorneys know how to obtain their clients maximum compensation for serious injuries related to defective or dangerously designed products. We can take over your claim from the very beginning to ensure a smooth process. Having us on your side can make it easier to fill out legal paperwork, carry out your claim, and demand maximum compensation for your injuries and damages. We will use evidence of your losses to strengthen our demands during negotiations with an insurance company. We will work toward the best possible outcome on your behalf.
How Our Phoenix Defective Product Attorneys Can Help
Our Phoenix defective product lawyers help injured victims recover. We can help victims recover damages for physical pain, mental suffering, lost wages, medical bills, and permanent disabilities. To learn more about how our Phoenix product liability attorneys can help in your case, contact us online or call (602) 254-6071 today for a free initial consultation.